Friday, September 4, 2009

Curry Lemon Sauce

If you like spicy as much as my wife and I, and are looking for a tasty sauce for your next fish dish then look no further.

I found this one in a Men's Health magazine some time ago (modified it a bit) and have used it many times. The original recipe calls for curry paste (green or red works, but i prefer green for this), lime juice, and coconut milk. My take is slightly different, but equally as good... if not better!

I replace the lime juice with freshly squeezed lemon juice, and I like to squeeze it directly onto the fillets (both sides) prior to adding the sauce. Then in a small glass container I mix a few table spoons of green curry paste and at least a teaspoon of organic coconut oil (rather than coconut milk), and place it in a pot with water (enough to come up about half way on the glass container) and heat up until the oil and sauce can be mixed together into a nice paste. Then I rub the paste on both sides of the fillets and grill (or pan fry) to perfection.

It tastes great and you get the health benefits of the curry at the same time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AllergyFree Search Engine