Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Don't be Fooled by the Acai Berry

I have heard about all I can stand about the "nutritional benefits" of the Acai Berry or Goji Berry or any other so called exotic "Super Berry" out there...

It's not the berry though, that I have a problem with, nope, it's the companies that are taking advantage of the ill-informed public and marketing these fruit drinks and supplements as a "must have" for optimal nutrition.

First of all, all of these companies pushing this voodoo juice use the famous pyramid scheme to not only hook some poor soul into becoming a user, but also a dedicated seller as well with promises of making you rich... oh yea, and healthy too of course.

Secondly, it's the Non-Organic way in which these fruit drink products are produced, and trust me it makes a difference.

Thirdly, it's the (and I'm speculating here so bare with me) poor working conditions, braking many U.S. labor laws I'm sure, that most of the people harvesting these fruits are probably working under... I mean if Martha Stewart "didn't know" about the sweatshops, than can you honestly be sure that these Amazon natives harvesting these fruits are being treated fairly?

Fourth... There are PLENTY of Fresh Organic Seasonal fruits and vegetables from local organic farmers that are just as healthy for you, that I'm sure you're not currently eating.

So is it really worth the carbon footprint that this product leaves, from the jungles of the Amazon to your front door?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AllergyFree Search Engine