Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Apple a Day...

People are always surprised when I tell them that I don't get sick... well to be more accurate, it's probably been a couple of years now since I really had a cold despite the fact that my friends, family and coworkers get sick at least a couple of times a year.

So when I add to that the fact that I haven't taken so much as an aspirin (or any pain killer, over the counter or Rx) in about two years as well, they are shocked and impressed.

No I don't have any super human strengths, and no I don't walk around with a space suit on breathing only pure uncontaminated air, it's because I eat right and I truly believe that. You've heard it before from your parents or grandparents that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, and it's partly true.

Eating a diet consisting of fresh Organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass fed meats and eggs, as well limiting processed foods as much as possible will give your body what it needs to stay healthy. A healthy body is its natural state, but when your diet consists of 90% processed foods you are simply poisoning yourself. Over time this poor unhealthy lifestyle results in obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more; all of which plague most Americans.

Can you prevent everything? No, but you can surely give yourself a fighting chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AllergyFree Search Engine