"Cancer risk from chemicals underestimated!"
This is a very interesting article and a subject that is long overdue for attention and correction. I've been reading about this for years, the amount of toxins that we are exposed to as a result of everyday things, which is one of the reasons for the lifestyle change my wife and I have made a few years ago.
"Although as many as two-thirds of cancer cases are caused by lifestyle choices like smoking, poor diet and lack of exercise, the panel said many avoidable cancers were also caused by pollution, radon from the soil and medical imaging scans... 'With nearly 80,000 chemicals on the market in the United States, many of which are used by millions of Americans in their daily lives and are un- or understudied and largely unregulated, exposure to potential environmental carcinogens is widespread,' it adds."
This is a shocking statistic indeed, and I hope it hits home with those who read it.
- Fresh local organic produce (in season is best)
- Organic free grazed chickens, grass fed beef and wild caught fish
- Natural organic whole grains and legumes
- Minimally processed organic foods (no artificial anything)
- Use only Organic cosmetic and hygiene products whenever possible.
- Use only Organic or Biodegradable "Green" Earth Friendly household cleaning products.
- Avoid contact with harsh chemicals of any kind!
- Practice Meditation and or Yoga
- Exercise... Out Side!
- Smile! (let things go... Stress kills!)
- Avoid unnecessary prescriptions or over-the-counter drugs (Look to Natures Medicine cabinet)
- It's really that simple!