Thursday, January 5, 2012

Inflammation Will Kill You!

I spent nearly all of my twenty's into my early thirty's suffering from many inflammation problems. My demons were food allergies (soy and dairy) and tendonitis in nearly all of my joints. It was a horrible time in my life but now that I feel I have turned the corner to a tendonitis free life I believe I owe all that I've learned and what I continue to learn to the very inflammation that haunted me; my food allergies!

I can tell you from my own allergy experiences, as well as my own personal research that I've done, as a result of my allergies, in this personal quest to achieve optimal health, that food/seasonal allergies, migraines, arthritis, tendonitis, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and all of the many chronic inflammatory diseases have one major factor in common... Inflammation. In some form or another inflammation is at the root cause of nearly all the ailments that the western diet causes. I can also say that the more research I do the more the finger gets pointed at grains and legumes such as soy. They are very high in Omega-6 which by nature promotes inflammation, as apposed to Omega-3 which is a natural anti-inflammatory. The ratio in a humans diet, of Omega-6 to 3, should be any where from 2:1 to 1:1, but instead the average American diet promotes omega-6 to 3 ratios as high as 20:1 which is an inflammatory disaster! Americans get it from the meats eggs and dairy they consume because of factory farming, animals fed a diet consisting solely of grain instead of free-ranging (i.e. grass), as well as all from grains consumed either directly (whole grains, breads, pastas, and crackers) or indirectly in the form of vegetable oils, high fructose corn syrup and whatever else science can manipulate the corn or soy molecule into... Sad but true. We are by nature not designed to eat this way (diets so high in grains).

We are Omnivorous with the emphasis on Carnivorous not herbivorous.

I believe that those that suffer from food allergies are blessed with a warning that others never get until it's too late. So I urge you to do the research and let it take you beyond your soy or gluten or dairy allergies. Find out for yourself why eating locally raised grass fed meats eggs and dairy are so important. Find out why locally grown organic everything is so important. Find out why diets based so heavily around annual monocrops such as soy (legumes) and corn (grains) are so unhealthy. Find out why perennial polyculture is so important not only to our health but to sustainability. And most of all Live happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AllergyFree Search Engine